Blog Report: Month Two
How I Made Money In My Second Month Blogging
It’s that time again, time for a blog report. It’s hard to believe another month has gone by. We are getting closer and closer to our move across the country so things have been super busy for me. I’ve been painting bedrooms, fixing landscaping and looking for a new house. I’ve done all of this while taking care of three kids and three dogs while my husband was away for training. That’s my life though. Despite being super busy I was able to spend a lot of time blogging this month and I’m excited to say I actually started making money. I didn’t make tons of money but being a new blogger any amount is exciting.
My Goals for April Were:
- Increase all followers by 50
- Get 25 subscribers to my blog
- Write 6 blog posts
- Try go get my affiliate marketing and sponsored posts going.
Let’s see what I accomplished!
Page Views: March 2,337 April 6,114 Increase: 3,777
Pinterest Followers: March 237 April: 521 Increase: 284
Twitter Followers: March 353 April 589 Increase: 236
Facebook Followers: March 87 April 95 Increase: 8
Instagram Followers: March 180 April 400 Increase: 220
Now let’s look at what I got done on my blog!
- Applied for Massive Sway and applied for my first campaign.
- Applied for Flex Offers and began using their links.
- Bought and installed a new blog theme. You can check it out here.
- Was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award which you can read here.
Now for the INCOME:
- Google AdSense $10.34
- Amazon Affiliates $19.96
- Flex Offers $0
- Massive Sway $0
Like I said, it’s not a huge amount of income but I’m so glad my hard work is paying off.
What did I do that helped this month:
- As usual I wrote down my goals.
- I focused yet again on Pinterest. I joined quite a few more group boards and that has helped increase my followers and reach.
- Facebook groups have been my major helper. I participate everyday in two or three groups. Yes, I do spend most of my down time repining, retweeting, liking and commenting. Not only is it helping my blog but I’m helping others as well.
My advice if you’re new to blogging:
- It takes a long time to get a blog going. I’m not even close to where I want to be but I celebrate every time I reach one of my goals. Be patient, work hard and your blog will grow.
- Pin, Pin, Pin… Seriously, I can’t stress enough how important Pinterest is for bloggers. Make sure to create multiple pins for each blog post. My second social media platform is Twitter. Follow others and tweet their content as well as your own. Retweet your old blog posts as well as your new.
- Be yourself. It’s so easy to look at other blogs and see that they’re getting tons of views. Their niche might be different than yours and that’s ok. If you post original and creative content you will be successful too.
- Join the Amazon affiliate program early in the process. There isn’t a minimum number of views for Amazon like there is for other affiliate programs.
- Sign up for rich pins on Pinterest. This was confusing for me but made a huge difference. Basically every thing you pin or repin will have your name on it. People can then go to your profile and see what else you’ve pinned and also access your blog.
- Use a business account for Pinterest and make sure you use key words in your profile. Add your blogs url to the profile so people can find you. You can also sign up for Pinterest Analytics too see the activity and reach or your pins.
Goals For May:
- Increase all followers by 50.
- Create new printables for my opt-in.
- Write 6 blog posts.
- Look for more sponsored opportunities.
- Get and apply the Pin It button for my blog images.
- Obviously make more money.
These are just a few of the things that I did last month that worked for me. I continue to research ways to grow my blog on Pinterest and get inspiration from other bloggers.
I’ll see you in June for my next blog report…
What worked for you this month? Did your blog grow?
Written by: Devon Bernthal
You might also like: 1st Month Blog Report