Blogger Recognition Award- Army Wife With Daughters
Today as I was going through social media posts to promote fellow bloggers I came across two bloggers that had been awarded the Blogger Recognition Award. While reading their posts I kept thinking that someday, when my blog wasn’t so new, I might get an award. I continued to read their posts and came to their nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award and low and behold my blog was listed! I was completely taken by surprise. My husband is away for training so I immediately texted him to tell him, then of course I called my parents. To most people this might not seem like a big deal but to me it is huge.
I started my blog in November 2016 and wrote two posts. I ran into trouble with my hosting and let frustration get the best of me. I called it quits. In March of this year I decided to try it again, this time moving to a self hosted blog. My first month of blogging I saw good growth and felt motivated to continue and work harder than ever before. I’ve only been blogging for a month and a half and fallen in love with blogging.
I’d like to give a huge shout out to Taylor 411 who nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Her blog is full of amazing ideas for families and moms.
My advice to new bloggers:
- Go with your gut. When I’m writing posts I quite often wonder if my content is good enough. Will people be interested in what I have to say? Write what you know. Write what you believe in and feel passionate about.
- Be patient. When I started out I wanted my blog to be huge and bring in a massive income. I have learned that it’s not about the money. Yes I want to earn a living from my blog, but more importantly I want to help others and share my ideas. I know it sounds cheesy but your blog is like a seed. If you care for it and put the time in it will grow into something amazing.
Now it’s my turn to nominate me fellow bloggers for the Bolgger Recognition Award. These mom bloggers are doing an amazing job. Their content is great and their support of their fellow bloggers is fantastic. If you haven’t already you should check out their blogs. These ladies are amazing!
Rules of participating in Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Written by: Devon Bernthal
You might also like: Five Things Tweens Should Know About Social Media