Easy Slime Recipe
My kids have been begging me to make slime. My eleven year old has friends that have made it, so of course she wanted to try it too. Usually when we decide to do a project I don’t have the materials or ingredients needed. This time I bought them during the week so that when the girls asked to make slime on the weekend I would be ready.
I love this recipe because it’s so easy that my eleven year old made it by her self. In fact today she made more and added shaving cream to make fluffy slime. It’s only four ingredients, which can be found at the Dollar Store.
- School Glue
- Food Coloring (optional )
Like I said my eleven year old made this by herself. I was however there to watch and help if needed since her little sisters were trying to help her.
- Mix 1/2 cup of glue with 1/2 cup of water. Add the food coloring now if desired and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 tsp Borax with 1 cup of water. Stir well.
- Slowly, while stirring, combine both mixtures. You’ll see the slime start to form right away.
- Stir it well then use your hands to finish combining. When you’re done, drain any excess water.
- This stays good longer if you store it in an airtight container.
That’s it! It’s so easy and kids love it. I even like to play with it, it resembles a stress ball.
Written by: Devon Bernthal